Lani S. Aung,
Software Engineer & Web Developer
+1 (714) 696-6301
- At least 12 years of experience with HTML programming, and LAMP, and WAMP configurations.
- At least 4 years of comfortable familiarity with Tomcat, Hibernate, Spring Projects, Maven, SOAP / WSDL, SVN / GIT, JUnit, and Mockito.
- About 1 year of basic database administration using Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2012, 2014) and configuring IIS.
- Ongoing learning of RazorHTML, C# and .NET frameworks with Sitecore, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and ReSharper.
- 12 years (2002-2015) of active use of MySQL, PHP, jQuery, and Java using development environments such as Eclipse, Sublime Text, and IntelliJ IDEA.
- 4 years (2010-2014) of backend development with Struts 2.
- 3 years (2012-2015) of learning the Play 2.0 Framework, Lighttpd, Ruby, Twitter Bootstrap, and FontAwesome.
- 2 years (2012-2014) of using RabbitMQ AMQP implementation for asynchronous event handling.
- 1 year (2014-2015) of templating with Thymeleaf and AngularJS.
- Active utilization of virtualization technologies like VMWare, Virtualbox, and Virtual PC.
- Extensive use of Atlassian products like JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Fisheye.
- Highly adaptable, quick to learn new methods and implementations.
- Motivated to work in teams or alone in projects with defined goals.
- Communicative, able to point out issues, explain ideas and concepts clearly, and suggest new ideas for improvement.
- Designs with independent-platform, cross-browser and accessibility standards.
- Programmer / Application Developer (Sitecore) at Toastmasters International
- Maintain and develop new features for the Toastmasters website using .NET / C# with the Sitecore CMS framework and SQL Server database layer.
- Co-lead SOA initiatives, implementing WCF and Web API services.
- Introduce automated testing along with continuous integration.
- Build robust applications with unit testing.
- Java Developer at Kronos Incorporated
- Maintained and developed new features for a core product, Workforce TeleStaff™ with Java 7 / 8 and Spring Framework.
- Updated reporting tools to export to Excel for higher usability.
- Java Developer at PICS Auditing, LLC
- Lead multiple projects that in whole became a brand new product line, broadening the available client base.
- Implemented new features that provided major sources of revenue, such as allowing for pre-registration, expediting the customer-to-company relationship establishment.
- Became team leader and release manager, leading code reviews, training, paired programming, and giving presentations on technologies.
- Internationalized a once US-only site application to reach global audiences, using home grown technology that was easily exportable and importable for ease of translation.
- Effectively communicated directly with teams, clients and staff members throughout all departments.
- Provided flexibility when requirements changed, delivered on-time, robust products focusing on 100% stability and satisfaction.
- Won multiple performance awards and became the go-to woman for in depth explanations and quick assessments.
- Student Programmer at Research Computing Support, UC Irvine
- Created an interactive and dynamic online system to manage data center information.
- Provided dynamic table generation, data storage into MySQL databases, searches, nightly PDF / image generation, and user management.
- Graduated from University of California, Irvine.
- Bachelor of Science degree achieved in Biological Sciences, with a minor in Information and Computer Science.
- GPA of 3.85 in Information and Computer Science minor.
- Certified ScrumMaster Training
- Enrolled in Irvine Valley College.
- Currently completing courses to get a certificate in Design Model Making and Rapid Prototyping